September 2017 -
For the October to December 2017 prize draw we have two signed first edition copies of Geoff Allan's beautiful book 'The Scottish Bothy Bible'. A guidebook to Scottish bothies - it reveals a hidden network of these cabins and mountain huts, featuring 81 from the Mountain Bothy Association and many more lesser-known gems. With stunning photography playing homage to Scotland's wild landscape and natural beauty.
Geoff Allan is Scotlands premier bothy expert: founder of the Bothies on a Bike blog he has hiked, biked and slept the night in each and every Scottish bothy. Trained as a surveyor, he is a professional photographer and joint maintenance office for an MBA bothy on the Isle of Rum. He is Scottish and lives in Edinburgh.
To be entered for the draw, register here (if you haven't already), then click on submit a walk and follow the steps to add your route to the database. We will pick out the lucky winners in a draw at the start of January 2018 and don't forget that you can submit as many walks as you like for more chances to win.
The Car Free Walks website is an entirely not-for-profit venture. If you would like to support our project by providing some prizes for a future quarterly draw then we would be delighted to hear from you! Please contact us to discuss.
1. All new walks submitted before midnight on 31st December 2017 will be entered into the draw.
2. The winning entries will be chosen at random.
3. We will notify the prize winners by email by 10th January 2018.
4. The prizes are one copy each of The Scottish Bothy Bible by Geoff Allan, including delivery. The two winners must supply their postal address within 30 days of receiving the notification email.
5. If the prize winners decide not to accept the prizes, they must notify us by email, and will, with effect from the date of such notice, forfeit any and all claim to the prize. No alternative prize will be awarded. We reserve the right to deal with the prize declined in such manner as we see fit, which will likely be to draw another winning entry.
6. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
7. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or corruption of data in transit.